Yes, I am talking about the Academy Awards… err… no. That will be another time 🙂 I’ve been nominated by Deepsspace for the Liebster Blog Award – for bloggers by bloggers.
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you. You pass the award onto 11 other blogs, tell them you nominated them, and ask them 11 questions. You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you.
OK, so here we go: 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1) I prefer travelling alone than with people.
2) My ideal Friday night is a glass of wine, music and a good book.
3) My favorite beer is Stella Artois.
4) I have a crush on Wentworth Miller ❤
5) My favorite color is blue.
6) My first job was at a hamburger joint.
7) I hate raisins.
8) My first car was a 1995 Mercury Cougar. I loved it!
9) I never pack until the actual day of my travel.
10) I once called a psychic because I couldn’t find my passport. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Turns out, I finally remembered where I’d put it, and for the record – she was wrong.
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Q: How are you today?
A: Pretty good! A little tired, but contempt and happy.
Q: What is your dream job?
A: Gosh. My DREAM job? Being paid to snuggle with puppies, duh.
Q: Would you rather lick peanut butter off a hobo’s bare feet or spend 2 months in jail? (Please include your reasoning)
A: Two months in jail. I hate peanut butter AND feet, so that’s enough for me. Plus, with all the budget cuts and poor funding in this county, I’d be out after two days.
Q: What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
A: Um, what do I NOT enjoy? I like lots of things. Reading, writing, taking pics, watching movies, hanging with friends, go hiking, travel, do random things, cuddle with pets, drink wine, sing, go down memory lane.
Q: If you’ve ever been on vacation, what was your most memorable? Why?
A: Impossible to answer! I’ve been on tons of vacays, and they were all different, so how can I pick just one? Perhaps all my childhood road trips with mom and dad to several campgrounds and amusement parks. Those were fun times.
Q: What have you learned today?
A: Well, let’s see. I read all sorts of random things everyday, so let’s pick a little tidbit that stuck. Don’t ask why I read all sorts of morbid and weird things, but death sentences in Texas are carried out in the Huntsville Unit in Huntsville.
Q: If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
A: Done. I already wrote one as a kid (geek alert). Does that count? I can’t remember the exact title, but it was a crime/mystery novel about a missing diamond. I was nine. And only my parents read it, I think.
Q: If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go and why?
A: Again, do I have to pick just one? I want to travel everywhere! Hmm…. perhaps Australia. I love the accent, want to try vegemite and see a koala bear. I also want to test my survival skills in the outback. Bring it on!
Q: Do you like to plan things out in detail, or be spontaneous?
A: Depends on the context, but mostly spontaneous! It drives my hubby crazy. Especially when we drove across the US without a GPS.
Q: What’s your favorite part about today so far?
A: That my adorable foster dog is currently keeping my feet warm. It’s cold outside! That, and in just one week I’ll be on a plane to Norway to visit family and friends.
Q: What’s one of the strangest things you’ve ever done?
A: Ha! Well, I’m basically a freak so the list is very long…. Prank calling random people in Canada comes to mind, but for the record that was a VERY long time ago. And not nearly the strangest I’ve ever done, but let’s leave it at that.
NOMINEES, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER:
QUESTIONS FOR NOMINEES
1) Who, of all people in this world, would be your ideal dinner date at Red Lobster on a rainy Wednesday evening?
2) Apples or pears?
3) What is your favorite book?
4) What’s the thing you consider yourself a “number one fan” of?
5) How are your dancing skills?
6) Have you ever been to Canada? What did you like/dislike?
7) Who would you rather be in a movie with; Ryan Gosling, Jon Hamm, Clint Eastwood, Helen Hunt, Lena Dunham or Angelina Jolie? Why?
8) Is cloning a Neanderthal a good idea? Why/why not?
9) What is the most awesome TV show ever?
10) Would you rather a) ride a horse on the beach while singing “Puff the Magic Dragon” on live TV during the Superbowl halftime or b) drink a six-pack of Pabst in a horse carriage on stage at the Academy Awards?
11) What’s the perfect hostess gift?