- I finally had my wisdom teeth pulled (all four at once!) so I’ve spent the last few days recovering at home. I’ve been surviving on yoghurt, smoothies and Netflix. Thank goodness I found a binge-worthy show to keep me occupied. I don’t know what took me so long, but I FINALLY watched Broadchurch. Highly recommended!
- It’s March, which means we’re closer to spring. I have so many places I want to visit here in the Pacific Northwest this year.
- I’ve been a bit obsessed with Korean sheet masks. They’re everything your skin needs.
- I’m trying to get better at ‘living in the moment’ (call it mindfulness, whatever). That means just savoring the time I spend – whether with friends or alone – without the need to post on social media or constantly checking my phone. SoMe can be such a mood killer sometimes. Try a few days without. You’ll be happier.
- I want to volunteer at an animal shelter. It gives me so much. And I miss those sloppy doggie kisses .
- I need to drink more tea. Preferably green.
- I’ve probably read every Karin Slaughter book out there. I was hooked on gritty crime for a while.
- I’m planning our next road trip!
Broadchurch. Watch it on Netflix now.
If you’ve never been to Norway, but plan to… here’s a word you need to know, KAFFE. It means coffee, and it’s the fuel that keeps Norwegian machinery going. Everywhere you go you’ll see people carrying their thermoses, because only millennials, angsty teens and overall confused people go to Starbucks. Drive-thru coffee shops are rare, if they ever exist at all. Not to worry, us Norwegians are always prepared. Going for a bus ride? Bring your thermos! Going for a hike? Bring your thermos! Nevermind a bottle of water, we’re so in touch with nature we drink straight from the rivers and streams. Meeting a friend? Going to choir practice? Going shopping? Everybody together now: Bring your thermos!
A popular sidekick to the thermos, is the empty ice-cream box filled with sandwiches. Nope, we don’t use lunch boxes or coolers, unless we’re planning a day at the beach. Those ice cream boxes do the trick. Earlier today, as I was walking up the stairs to our apartment, I passed a plumber who seemed like he was done for the day, but instead of carrying a toolbox, he was hauling his ice cream box and… tada… a thermos! You really can’t survive without those.
I remember last time my parents came to visit. My mom is notorious for her well prepared basket filled with fruit, snacks, ice cream boxes with sandwiches, and thermoses full of- coffee. But something didn’t turn out quite as planned. They were one thermos short. Oh, the horror! My parents exchanged panic-stricken looks, sweat dripping down their foreheads..You could read their thoughts, “no coffee? lord help us”.
I caved in, determined to save the day! Since I only drink java in the mornings to wake up, I offered them my thermos. I have never seen such gratitude since.
So keep in mind: coffee to the people! Help save and uphold the democracy!
Whoa… it’s been too long. I’ve officially failed as a blogger. To be honest, this blog hasn’t been a priority, but it’s always lingering somewhere deep in my thoughts. I wish I had the time and energy to do more, and I will, but in the meantime bear with me.
Life is good! Busy, crazy, lame, exciting, unpredictable, stressful and whatnot. I’m always sleep deprived (and always hungry!), but I’m juggling it all while still trying to enjoy everything that Portland has to offer. I love this city. I love its quirkiness, hipster vibe, great food and beer, music, location and Oregon. What’s not to love about Oregon?!
If you’re in the area, feel free to say hello! In the meantime, you can follow me on Instagram – @webangel81.
I’ve got some more news for you in a bit, but pace yo’self.
Here are some pics from the past few weeks…
Munching on Voodoo Doughnuts at work!
With my friend Elissa in the elevator!
My hubby’s band Candy Machine Wrecker performing in Eugene
Posted in Fabulousness, friends, fun, Hey, music
Tagged blogging, doughnuts, eugene, hello, music, oregon, pdx, portland, the nines
I finally gave in. I’ve joined the masses. I’m on INSTAGRAM! I even took a selfie. It looks horrible. But trust me – it’s the first and last I’ll ever take. No outfits pics or duckface portrait. I PROMISE!
In my defense, it was Halloween and I wanted to get a snap of my cat make-up. It looks better in real life. I don’t have sharp enough fangs to make a believable ferocious feline.
But I love Halloween and it was a good time indeed! What did you do? And more importantly, are you on Instagram? Do you take selfies?
Posted in Fabulousness, Hey, internet, make-up, photos, random, weird, why not?
Tagged cat, costume, feline, halloween, instagram, makeup, selfie
Looking back at just how much I’ve been blogging (or rather lack thereof) lately makes me depressed. Well, kind of. I’m not sure which direction I want to go with this blog, but something needs to be done. But let’s save those issues for another day. I’m sure y’all just dying to know what’s going on, amirite? Yeah, riiiiight.
Anyhow – this is the current status quo.
* Jamie has built a “vocal booth” inside our living room that reminds me of something Snuffy Smith would use.
* Our hallway looks like a crime scene. Mind you, we live in an apartment complex where cleaning seems rather sporadic. There used to be a cleaning lady that would vacuum and mop every other day or so, but I haven’t seen her lately. Now, whenever I venture out of my enclosure I feel like an extra on CSI.
* There is a dude in the neighborhood with a pet pig. It’s a BIG pig. And its name is Beef. I think they are dating.
* Every day I keep Portland weird. Trust me.
* My diet consists of Diet Pepsi and Ramen noodles. Very wholesome, I know.
* I don’t get the obsession of “The Royal Baby”. AT ALL. The madness needs to stop.
* I keep hoping to run into the cast and crew of “Grimm” but it has yet to happen.
* Today marks the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, and the famous speech “I have a dream” by Martin Luther King Jr. It makes me think that we still have a long way to go.
* Sports still suck.
* I’m still awesome.
CHEERIO FOR NOW!
But you know what? I’d rather not attempt to write anything if I don’t have anything clever to say. That way I won’t waste your time! I’m a genius, really.
I’ve needed to take a little break, but ya know, when words of wisdom suddenly decide to enter my brain again (like, you know, they did before, duh), I’ll keep spamming you followers with notices of new postings. I can sense your excitement, but please, pace ya’selves.
So what’s been going on? A lot. Immigrations stuff, and DMV stuff and now – apartment hunting. That’s right! My new mission is to contribute to “Keep Portland weird” AKA we are moving to the Rose City! Woot! New adventures await.
Other than that, I’ve developed a strange addiction to soy sauce (and no, I’m NOT preggers, nor do I plan to be). I seriously put it on everything. Have you ever tried soy marinated tilapia? It’s DELISH! I might have to share a recipe soon.
Aight, folks! I have some more packing to do, and my PJs are calling me. Not because it’s late, but skinny jeans and Netflix don’t mix well. It’s comfort all day when I can. TTYL!