Peonies… always pretty.
Korres Golden Krocus Ageless Saffron Elixir Serum (available at Sephora)
Gillian Anderson sending a powerful message on International Women’s Day:
Recapitation guitars. Get a customized one-of-a-kind!
Vintage champagne glasses. Forget about those flutes, these are the real deal!
Road trips. Always. Especially along the California coast…
- I finally had my wisdom teeth pulled (all four at once!) so I’ve spent the last few days recovering at home. I’ve been surviving on yoghurt, smoothies and Netflix. Thank goodness I found a binge-worthy show to keep me occupied. I don’t know what took me so long, but I FINALLY watched Broadchurch. Highly recommended!
- It’s March, which means we’re closer to spring. I have so many places I want to visit here in the Pacific Northwest this year.
- I’ve been a bit obsessed with Korean sheet masks. They’re everything your skin needs.
- I’m trying to get better at ‘living in the moment’ (call it mindfulness, whatever). That means just savoring the time I spend – whether with friends or alone – without the need to post on social media or constantly checking my phone. SoMe can be such a mood killer sometimes. Try a few days without. You’ll be happier.
- I want to volunteer at an animal shelter. It gives me so much. And I miss those sloppy doggie kisses .
- I need to drink more tea. Preferably green.
- I’ve probably read every Karin Slaughter book out there. I was hooked on gritty crime for a while.
- I’m planning our next road trip!
Broadchurch. Watch it on Netflix now.
That’s a good question.
So without futher comments, I present you Leon, the piglet on wheels.
Being born a ‘farm’ pig, Leon was destined for the plate, but then an accident caused by his injured mum (which claimed the life of two of his siblings) saw Leon up against it again. With his right hind femur both broken and dislocated, plus an injured hock and ligament damage on the other side, things could not have looked much grimmer for the wee chap. But no one told the plucky little Leon that these obstacles of his world should hold him back. His life was precious, and thankfully this was recognized by a kind hearted soul who sought a better outcome for Leon.
Posted in Fabulousness, hope, inspiration, life, love
Tagged animals, australia, humane, leon, living, piglet on wheels, piglets, wheelcahir
When I was turning 16 it wasn’t so sweet. I was an angsty teenager who threw fits and didn’t know where I belonged, or what I was supposed to do. And yes, this is one of those sappy posts that reminisce about past times and which – in retrospect – almost always make sense.
I found my refuge in music. It was my solace, inspiration, motivation and escape from my own world. What I found in music was what kept me afloat. And there is only one album I can credit that for. It prompted the start of my own recognition – the journey of my own transcending into a more spiritual awareness. It all started with Jewel. And to this day I have to remind myself I wouldn’t be where I am today without the epic CD Pieces of You, acrylic paint, the arts of Paul Gauguin and writing. Today I’m 32, but whenever I hear this song, I’m traveling back in time, reliving my youth, cherishing the memories and thinking I’ve had a heck of a ride. And it will keep going, because as humans we are all always in some kind of transition, whether it be relationships, work, ideologies, dreams, ambitions…. you name it.
This song will always be my favorite. Because it made something inside of me alive, and whatever that was soothed me in some of my most difficult times.
Posted in dreaming, hope, inspiration, life, love, music, Music Love, random
Tagged arts, gauguin, jewel, life, looking back, memories, music, reflecting, teenage angst
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagiend.”
– Henry David Thoreau
Looking back at just how much I’ve been blogging (or rather lack thereof) lately makes me depressed. Well, kind of. I’m not sure which direction I want to go with this blog, but something needs to be done. But let’s save those issues for another day. I’m sure y’all just dying to know what’s going on, amirite? Yeah, riiiiight.
Anyhow – this is the current status quo.
* Jamie has built a “vocal booth” inside our living room that reminds me of something Snuffy Smith would use.
* Our hallway looks like a crime scene. Mind you, we live in an apartment complex where cleaning seems rather sporadic. There used to be a cleaning lady that would vacuum and mop every other day or so, but I haven’t seen her lately. Now, whenever I venture out of my enclosure I feel like an extra on CSI.
* There is a dude in the neighborhood with a pet pig. It’s a BIG pig. And its name is Beef. I think they are dating.
* Every day I keep Portland weird. Trust me.
* My diet consists of Diet Pepsi and Ramen noodles. Very wholesome, I know.
* I don’t get the obsession of “The Royal Baby”. AT ALL. The madness needs to stop.
* I keep hoping to run into the cast and crew of “Grimm” but it has yet to happen.
* Today marks the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington, and the famous speech “I have a dream” by Martin Luther King Jr. It makes me think that we still have a long way to go.
* Sports still suck.
* I’m still awesome.
CHEERIO FOR NOW!