- I finally had my wisdom teeth pulled (all four at once!) so I’ve spent the last few days recovering at home. I’ve been surviving on yoghurt, smoothies and Netflix. Thank goodness I found a binge-worthy show to keep me occupied. I don’t know what took me so long, but I FINALLY watched Broadchurch. Highly recommended!
- It’s March, which means we’re closer to spring. I have so many places I want to visit here in the Pacific Northwest this year.
- I’ve been a bit obsessed with Korean sheet masks. They’re everything your skin needs.
- I’m trying to get better at ‘living in the moment’ (call it mindfulness, whatever). That means just savoring the time I spend – whether with friends or alone – without the need to post on social media or constantly checking my phone. SoMe can be such a mood killer sometimes. Try a few days without. You’ll be happier.
- I want to volunteer at an animal shelter. It gives me so much. And I miss those sloppy doggie kisses .
- I need to drink more tea. Preferably green.
- I’ve probably read every Karin Slaughter book out there. I was hooked on gritty crime for a while.
- I’m planning our next road trip!
Broadchurch. Watch it on Netflix now.
I was going to say it’s great to be back……. but WordPress added a whole lotta restrictions and fees since last time… sooo.. I don’t know if I’ll keep blogging on this platform.
I’ve been absent for a long time, but for good reasons. And now I think it’s a good time to get back into the blogging game.. but we’ll see. Maybe it’s a bug on my computer, but who knows.
Instead of music I’ll give you two excited/hopeful faces for what 2017 might bring. Yes, it’s a shitshow right now… but I have faith in humanity. Let’s see what the powers of good can do!
And just like that, you’ll see some more posts up on my blog! We’ve taken a long, much-needed vacation from – not so much the blogosphere – but the lofty task of committing. We’re nomads at heart, so perhaps I should write more about that aspect of our life? Maybe later. For right now enjoy the treat that is spring in Seattle (with special appearance by San Francisco )
.. Ask for tequila and salt! That sounds goofy, yes, but it’s a reminder that whenever there are bumps in the road, there’s always a way to overcome them. Even if you need a drink. We’re all humans after all!
I haven’t been a good blogger lately. I’ve been busy with work, life, everyday stuff. But I’ll try to write more, because it’s therapeutic to me. Sure, what rants and nonsense I put on here probably won’t draw a huge audience, but that’s not the point. It’s a diary I can look back at whenever I need to. I call it a diary, but I’m not sharing super personal stuff – about myself or others. I’m just another person using the internet as an outlet for whatever reason that might be.
Today I want to focus on happiness. How it can be a choice. And how you can do anything in YOUR ability to find out own path and overcome obstacles.
I haven’t given up on this blog, I swear! I’ve been swamped the past few months, as well as not having a working computer from which to spew my knowledge/bullshit, but just hang in there.. I will be back soon!